Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Game Reiew - Tormentum - Dark Sorrow (PC)

I’ve been eyeing this game for more than a year now and I’ve finally played through the game after purchasing it last steam winter sale (2017). I could say that the experience was well worth the journey especially at the end where it has two types of ending depending on the life or death choices you make throughout the game. Early in, I thought that the choices were clear but as I go further, I started to doubt if I actually chose the right ones. But at the end, things made sense along with it is a big reveal.

Objectively, the game starts off with so many questions and the theme didn’t give me clear direct comprehension of my surroundings and what to make of them, however, I began to understand most of them and what I should do so long as I take my time and look around each area as I pick items and/or solve puzzles. I must say, the game is super artistic and gave me this dark goth but pleasantry feels to it which I wonder how much imagination these guys used to put in the game not to forget the help of the background music which shifts the mood on every place I go to.

My overall experience from the game was poetic, dark and odd comfort from all the darkness this game has given to me. It gave me wonders of life and death, life after death, the realization that choices won’t matter much but the intentions from within.

I think I get the meaning of dark sorrow from within, sad but when I pause and think about it, there’s this flicker of light left to appreciate deep within the dark and tormented soul or simply your doubts and regrets.

I think of this game as one of those great gems that no one knows much but worth trying for at least once or twice if you want to get all the results & achievements.

I hope the devs will make another Tormentum series or something like it that challenges to question our human existence and life after death or even our psychological conditions of our wellbeing or the lack thereof.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment